How to cite a UN report in AMA
To cite a UN report in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the report: Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of the UN report: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Publisher: Abbreviate the publisher's name.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
- Report number: Give the report number if available.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a UN report in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the UN report. Place of publication: Publisher; Year of publication. Report No. Report number.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A UN report with one author
Report of the Special Rapporteur of the Human Rights Council on the rights of indigenous peoples. New York, NY: UN Headquarters; 2016. Report No. A/71/229..
A UNDP report
Bhutan National Human Development Report: Ten Years of Democracy in Bhutan. Thimphu, BT: UNDP; 2019..
This citation style guide is based on the AMA Manual of Style (11th edition).