How to cite a UN report in AMA
To cite a UN report in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the report: Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of the UN report: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Publisher: Abbreviate the publisher's name.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
- Report number: Give the report number if available.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a UN report in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the UN report. Place of publication: Publisher; Year of publication. Report No. Report number.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A UN report with one author
United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Report of the Special Rapporteur of the Human Rights Council on the rights of indigenous peoples. New York, NY: UN Headquarters; 2016. Report No. A/71/229.
A UNDP report
United Nations Development Programme. Bhutan National Human Development Report: Ten Years of Democracy in Bhutan. Thimphu, BT: UNDP; 2019.
This citation style guide is based on the AMA Manual of Style (11th edition).