How to cite an episode of a TV show in Harvard
To cite an episode of a TV show in a reference entry in Harvard style include the following elements:
- Title of episode: Give the episode number.
- Year of broadcast: Give the year in round brackets.
- Title of the TV show: Give the show title in italics.
- Series number: Give the series number.
- Episode number: Give the episode number.
- Channel: Give the channel of transmission.
- Day and month of broadcast : Give the day and month of broadcast.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of an episode of a TV show in Harvard style:
'Title of episode' (Year of broadcast) Title of the TV show, Series Series number, episode Episode number. Channel, Day and month of broadcast .
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the Harvard style guidelines in action:
An episode of a popular TV show by HBO
'Lord Snow' (2011) Game of Thrones, Series 1, episode 3. HBO, 1 May.
An episode of a comedy TV show aired in ABC
'When Good Kids Go Bad' (2012) Modern Family, Series 3, episode 2. ABC, 21 September.