How to cite an annual report in Chicago
To cite an annual report in a reference entry in Chicago style 17th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the report: Give first the last name, then the name as presented in the source (e. g. Watson, John). For two authors, reverse only the first name, followed by ‘and’ and the second name in normal order (e. g. Watson, John, and John Watson). For more than seven authors, list the first seven names followed by et al.
- Title of the report: Give the title as presented in the source.
- Place of publication: Give the place of publication of the source.
- Publisher: Give the publisher name in full.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication as presented in the source.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of an annual report in Chicago style 17th edition:
.Title of the report. Place of publication: Publisher, Year of publication.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the Chicago style guidelines in action:
The annual report of a company
2018 Annual Report. New York, NY: Hess Corporation, 2018.
The annual report of a government agency
Annual Performance Report FY2015. Washington, DC: National Wildlife Refuge System, 2016.
This citation style guide is based on the Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition).