How to cite Websites in AMA
To cite websites websites in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of website: If no author is given, start with the title of the website.
- Title of the item found in the website: Give the title as presented in the source.
- Title of the website: Give the title as presented in the source.
- URL: Give the URL including all its elements (https://www, .com).
- Date of publication: Give the month day, and year of publication.
- Date of update: Give the month day, and year of publication.
- Date of access: Give the month day, and year of retrieval preceded by the word 'accessed' (Accessed June 1, 2004.).
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of websites websites in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the item found in the website. Title of the website. URL. Published Date of publication. Updated Date of update. Accessed Date of access.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A website with one author
The Wayback Machine. Internet Archive.https://archive.org/web/.
A website without an author
Conversion Calculator. Calculator.net. https://www.calculator.net/conversion-calculator.html.