How to cite a financial report in MLA
To cite a financial report in a reference entry in MLA style 8th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) name: If the report was published by an organization that is also its author, omit the author and start with the title.
- Title of the report: Titles are italicized when independent. If part of a larger source add quotation marks and do not italize.
- Report number: Give the report number if available.
- Publisher: Always use the abbreviated version, e.g: MIT P for MIT Press or Oxford UP for Oxford University Press.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication as presented in the source.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a financial report in MLA style 8th edition:
. Title of the report. Report no. Report number, Publisher, Year of publication.
Take a look at our works cited examples that demonstrate the MLA style guidelines in action:
A financial report by an accounting organization
Financial Statements 2018. Report No. 152, Nestlé S.A, 2019..
A financial report for the US government
FY 2014 Independent Auditor’s Report. Report No. 15‐03, U.S. Government Publishing Office, 2015..