How to cite a video game in Chicago
To cite a video game in a reference entry in Chicago style 17th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the video game: Give the author or the company that created it.
- Title of the video game: Give the title as presented in the source.
- Version number: Start with 'V.' followed by the version number.
- Publisher: Give the publisher name in full.
- Platform: Describe where the video game can be played.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication as presented in the source.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a video game in Chicago style 17th edition:
.Title of the video game. V. Version number. Publisher. Platform. Year of publication.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the Chicago style guidelines in action:
A video game with one individual author
Amaya, Daisuke. Cave Story+. Nicalis. Switch. 2017.
A video game developed by a company
Epic Games. Fortnite: Battle Royale. Epic Games. PC/Mac. 2018.