How to cite a C-Span video in Chicago
To cite a C-Span video in a reference entry in Chicago style 17th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the video: Give the name or screen name of video creator. If none, start with title.
- Video title: Give the complete video title.
- Video length: Give the total length of the audio-visual source (e.g. 00:14:06).
- Date of release: Give the month, day and year of publication.
- URL: Give the full URL from the direct source. Include http:// or https://.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a C-Span video in Chicago style 17th edition:
."Video title." C-Span video, Video length. Date of release. URL.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the Chicago style guidelines in action:
A regular C-Span video without an author
"LULAC Presidential Candidates Forum." C-SPAN video, 1:59:36. July 11, 2019. http://www.c-span.org/video/?462452-1/democratic-presidential-candidates-speak-league-united-latin-american-citizens-forum.
A user-created C-Span video
Policing and Criminal Justice Reform." C-SPAN video, 12:11. September 22, 2016. https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4621378/user-clip-cite.. "
This citation style guide is based on the Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition).