6th edition 7th edition
How to cite a TV show in AMA
To cite a TV show in a reference entry in AMA style 11st edition include the following elements:
- Creator(s) or Director(s): Give the last name, and initials of the director(s) and/or creator(s) (e.g. Watson J.).
- Title of the TV show: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Broadcasting company: Give the name of the broadcasting company.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a TV show in AMA style 11st edition:
Creator(s) or Director(s). Title of the TV show [Television Series]. Place of publication: Broadcasting company; Year of publication.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A TV show with two directors
Benioff CD, Weiss DB. Game of Thrones [Television series]. New York, NY: HBO; 2011.
A TV show with one director
Atwood M. The Handmaid's Tale. [Television series]. United States: Hulu; 2017.
This citation style guide is based on the AMA Manual of Style (11th edition).