6th edition 7th edition
How to cite a software manual in AMA
To cite a software manual in a reference entry in AMA style 11st edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of software: Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of manual: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Edition: Only include information about the edition if it is not the first.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Publisher: Abbreviate the publisher's name.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a software manual in AMA style 11st edition:
.Title of manual. Edition ed. Place of publication: Publisher; Year of publication.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A software manual by two authors
Special Edition Using Microsoft Office XP. Indianapolis, IN: Que Pub.; 2001..
A software manual by one author
Digital Spectral Analysis Matlab(r) Software User Guide. United States: Dover Pub.; 2019..
This citation style guide is based on the AMA Manual of Style (11th edition).