How to cite serial publications in AMA
To cite serial publications serial publications in a reference entry in AMA style 11st edition include the following elements:
- Author(s): Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of publication: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Publisher: Abbreviate the publisher's name.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
- Serial identifier: Give the number or title of the serial publication to which the source belongs to.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of serial publications serial publications in AMA style 11st edition:
.Title of publication. Place of publication: Publisher; Year of publication. Serial identifier.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A monograph by four authors in a serial publication by four authors
The Effects of Repetitive News Framing on Political Opinions over Time. Abingdon, UK: Routledge; 2015. Communication monographs..
A report by one author part of a serial publication
Language Development: Kindergarten through Grade Twelve. Washington, DC: Office of Education; 1976. NCTE Committee on Research Report No. 18..