How to cite government or agency bulletins in AMA
To cite a government or agency bulletin in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s): If no specific author is given, use the entity that publishes the bulletin.
- Title of the bulletin: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Publisher: Abbreviate the publisher's name.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a government or agency bulletin in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the bulletin. Place of publication: Publisher; Year of publication.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A government bulletin by one author
Acosta RA. Health Insurance Coverage Bulletin. Washington DC: U.S. Department of Labor; 2017.
A bulletin by a government agency
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Visa Bulletin For April 2019. Washington DC: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services; 2019.
This citation style guide is based on the AMA Manual of Style (11th edition).