How to cite an annual report in AMA
To cite an annual report in a reference entry in AMA style 11st edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the report: Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of the annual report: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Publisher: Abbreviate the publisher's name.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
- Report number: Give the report number if available.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of an annual report in AMA style 11st edition:
.Title of the annual report. Place of publication: Publisher; Year of publication. Report No. Report number.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
An annual report by a government agency
Accomplishments 2015. Falls Church, VA: Office of Law Enforcement; 2015..
An annual report by a company
Annual Report. New York, NY: Hess Corp; 2018..
This citation style guide is based on the AMA Manual of Style (11th edition).