How to cite an online report in AMA
To cite an online report in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of report: Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of the report: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- URL: Give the URL including all its elements (https://www, .com).
- Date of publication: Give the month day, and year of publication.
- Date of access: Give the month day, and year of retrieval preceded by the word 'accessed' (Accessed June 1, 2004.).
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of an online report in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the report. URL. Published Date of publication. Accessed Date of access.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
A report retrieved online
Annual report, 2005. https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/69505/WHO_MPS_ 07.01_eng.pdf. Published 2006. Accessed March 4, 2017..
A report by a government agency retrieved online
Financial Report of the United States Government. https://fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/financial-report/2018/03282019-FR(Final).pdf.
This citation style guide is based on the AMA Manual of Style (11th edition).