How to cite an online newspaper article in AMA
To cite an online newspaper article in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s): Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of the article: Do not italicize article titles. Capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Name of newspaper: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Date of publication: Give the month day, and year of publication.
- Page numbers: Give the initial page number, a hyphen, and the final page number, followed by a period.
- URL: Give the URL including all its elements (https://www, .com).
- Date of access: Give the month day, and year of retrieval preceded by the word 'accessed' (Accessed June 1, 2004.).
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of an online newspaper article in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the article. Name of newspaper. Date of publication: Page numbers. URL. Accessed Date of access.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action: