How to cite an honors thesis in AMA
To cite an honors thesis in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the thesis: Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of the honor thesis: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Honors thesis: Describe the type of thesis, e.g. Undergraduate honors thesis, Doctoral honors thesis, etc.
- Location: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Name of the degree awarding institution: Give the name of the institution.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of an honors thesis in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the honor thesis. [Honors thesis]. Location: Name of the degree awarding institution; Year of publication.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
An undergraduate honors thesis by two authors
Evil Geniuses at Work: Does Intelligence Interact with the Dark Triad to Predict Workplace Deviance? [Undergraduate honors thesis]. Ontario, Canada: Western University; 2018..
An undergraduate honors thesis by one author
Comparing U.S. and French Approaches to Counterterrorism in Africa. [Undergraduate honors thesis]. San Diego, CA: University of San Diego; 2018..