How to cite audiotapes, videotapes, or DVDs in AMA
To cite audiotapes, videotapes, DVDs audiotapes, videotapes, DVDs in a reference entry in AMA style 10th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of item: Give the last name, and initials of up to six authors (e.g. Watson J). For more authors only the first three are listed, followed by et al.
- Title of the item: Italicize the title and capitalize the first letter of each major word.
- Format: Describe the type of format, e.g. DVD, video file, etc.
- Place of publication: Give the name of the city in which the publishing entity was located at the time of publication.
- Broadcasting company: Abbreviate the publisher's name.
- Year of publication: Give the year of publication.
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of audiotapes, videotapes, DVDs audiotapes, videotapes, DVDs in AMA style 10th edition:
.Title of the item [Format]. Place of publication: Broadcasting company; Year of publication.
Take a look at our reference list examples that demonstrate the AMA style guidelines in action:
An audio file
Mars, Roman. Sound and Health: Cities [Audio file]. Oakland, CA: 99pi; 2019.
A film in DVD format
Tarantino, Quentin. Kill Bill: Volume 1 [DVD]. Los Angeles, CA: Miramax; 2003.